Thursday, August 16, 2012

Amen

Faith is a powerful thing.  Letting go of a situation or in my case a possibility that is eating at you and honestly 100% letting God have it and take total control is such an exhilarating and freeing feeling.  I can't help but to believe that this is the way that we are mean to live life every day.  In fact my best and wisest friend just told me last night that "we were put here to live abundantly even though we are put through many trials".  Truer words have not been spoken.

My problem is that it is sometimes hard to let go.  The things that worry you the most are the things that I can't help but to obsess over and analyze time and time again.  But these past few days I just gave up...dejectedly just could not fight it anymore.  Things happened, I had absolutely no control, and I knew I needed help.  Not for the first time ever (because I can distinctly remember doing this a few other times and having the same outcome), but for the first time in a while I completely let go of all fear and anxiety of the unknown and turned it all over to God.  The results of that trust were indescribable.

This is not to say that everything that has resulted from this situation will be permanently for the good.  This is also not say that the next time I have issues and worries that I will be able to completely turn them over to Him right away...even though I know with all my heart, especially now, that I should.  For me, relinquishing that control (even if its only false control because ultimately He is the only one with true control) is the scariest and hardest thing to do.  For me it is like I show my love and care for people by worrying about them or I show my sincerity to a situation by worrying about it.  I know that is not how I was meant to live, but a big part of me has a hard time letting go of that nature I have.

This blog is really just to remind myself in the future when I am facing tough times that if I can just let go and let Him handle it all at His will and on His time that things will really work out like they are suppose to.  You have to have trust.  Trust in God, trust in the unknown, trust in your faith.  I pray to be reminded of this lesson daily.  I pray to still have faith even with sometimes unfavorable outcomes.  I pray that I can be the person, wife, friend, daughter, and sister that I was meant to be...I pray that I am.

God's timing is always perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment