Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Incoherencies (the fact that this isn't even a word really says it all)

It's kind of late, and I am pretty tired.  This will have to be a quick one.  Read: not too funny, not too long, probably no super cute pictures. :( I know...you can go ahead and X out now if you feel the need.

Anywhoo...we have started a new way of life.  This would be the infant/grad school/back to work full time life.  I know, I know...big sigh and lots of tears.  Been through it.  Still going through it.  Blah.  People have to work.  Bottom line.  This is what I tell myself every morning when the alarm goes off (I also tell myself, didn't I just go to bed 15 minutes ago..my hair is still damp from the shower I had just before bed).  It is a very new, very strange schedule for us that one day I'm sure we will adapt to and embrace.  I am making compromises to make it work the best I can...things like coffee first thing in the morning and waking up a few minutes early so that I can spend some quality time with my sweet baby without having to bundle him up and rush out the door help things.

It has only been two days, but this is kind of how our schedule works...so far...
I get up by 5 in the morning.  If I have Tyson's day clothes already packed, my lunch already ready, clothes for me laid out, and the coffee pot geared up, it only takes me 15 minutes tops to be ready to walk out the door.  Kinda sad...kinda awesome.  I am still on the fence over this point.  By 5:15 if Tyson's not up, I wake him up.  He gets up usually by 5:30 most days, but I need that extra 15 minutes to feed him if we want to walk out the door in time.  So he eats, I drink coffee, we watch the news, and we have a little morning chat.  I try to get him to play with me a little, but most mornings he just wants to go back to sleep after he eats...he is his mother's child.  So we say bye to Daddy, get out the house, go to the sitter, and I try to pry myself away from him....ok it's only day two, this will get better.  Right?! He's just too cute and sweet to leave!
Work. All. Day. Long.  Never knew how long an 8 hour day was until now, but thank goodness I am lucky enough to only work 8 hours.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't see that baby by 3!
Once I get home in the afternoon it is super nice because we have quality family time.  Josh is generally done with most of his homework by then.  Tyson has napped and eaten and is ready to play.  And I am so ready to unwind and be with my two boys.  We haven't worked out the exact schematics of my studying and cooking supper just yet...it has only been two days.  Monday Tyson sat in his high chair, and we talked while I cooked...but supper that night consisted of pigs in a blanket and cut corn so it didn't take much effort or time on my part.  Tonight I had a test, so he played on his mat while I read my review to him.  We have to solidify how we will handle things like this as time goes on...right now all I can concentrate on is snuggling him and telling him how much I missed him all day!!
Today his sitter said he took much better naps, and they said their ABC's and counted.  I've been reading pharmacotherapeutic notes to him about drug treatment options for things like constipation and mood disorders...I completely forgot that we had never been over the basics like his ABC's!!  Thank goodness for her!!  She is amazing, she loves Tyson, we love her, and I am getting slightly more comfortable with the whole leaving him all day thing...slightly.  Monday I called her 3 times in 8 (actually 6 because I got to go in late) hours.  Today I only called once.  I probably will always have to call on my lunch break.  I want to call every hour of the day though, so I feel as if I am compromising!

Besides going back to work and leaving my two sweet boys all day and dealing with all the emotions surrounding that, the day before my big work return was my birthday.  27!  Best one yet if you ask me. Look at what all I have!!  I did not want a thing for my birthday...everything I want is this room with me right now (one snoring right next to me, the other grunting in his sleep in his sleeper).  Despite my insistence for no gifts, Josh was very upset about the recent demise of my coveted laptop.  Truth be told, I am in the middle of grad school, that lap top was NEEDED.  I was making it though using the big desktop though and doing what I had to to get by.  Long story short...I am sitting in bed typing this blog on my NEW MACBOOK PRO!!!  LOVE IT!!  Such a huge upgrade from my ancient, on its last leg, halfway dead one.  I can't wait until I actually have time to play with it and see what all it can do.  I would upload you some super cute pics of Tyson and his 'first day at the sitter' sign, his two month pics, etc, etc, etc....but I can't quite figure out how to move all my pictures over yet...and with this big test looming over head, I haven't really had time.  Have no fear, I will figure it out soon!

OK..boring tonight I know.  Sorry for the lack of humor (not that any of my posts are saturated in it).  I am not even sure if all of this is coherent.  Here's to hoping you can make sense of this...and that my hair is slightly drier in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment