Sunday, March 6, 2011

A lazy Sunday is a terrible thing to waste

The wedding is getting closer.  I can feel it breathing down my neck as time quickly passes away.  I have never felt time move this quickly in my entire life.  I had so many things to do before the wedding, and somehow the time just got away from me before I got a chance to do them.  For now I'll blame that on graduating, take state boards, and starting a brand new job.

I was off work Friday...for the whole weekend really, but Friday was my day to get a lot of things done around the house.  The room we just painted and laid new flooring in needed the furniture moved back in and things organized.  That was my plan for the whole day.  Apparently, my stomach had other plans.  Enter the dreaded stomach virus.  I was so mad that it came on a day when I had so much to do and so many things planned.  I got nothing accomplished.  Josh and I had dinner plans....that didn't happen either unless you call him watching me eat a popsicle dinner!  He was a great nurse though...I'll spare you the details.  Even though I was mad to have wasted such a needed weekend, it was really better that it happened at a time when I didn't have to go into work.  I am also really grateful that this is not two weeks from now, and we are at wedding weekend with the stomach virus.  We can always thank God for the small things that could have been (and cross our fingers and pray that it doesn't happen to anyone else during that time)!

Saturday was a better day, but still not quite strong enough for food.  I did attempt a fajita...bad idea.  I was feeling fine as long as I didn't eat, so we went along with our day as planned.  It was our favorite night of Mardi Gras because one of Josh's friends has a shop along the parade route.  We always cook and hang out in the shop, and then we have front row seats when the parade passes.  Sadly, the parade was rained out.  We hope to make a parade today in Thibodaux, but we shall see!

As for the wedding, it is stressing me to be so close but at the same time I am ready for it to be here.  I don't know what I will do with myself once it's over...maybe sleep.

I am excited to know what it feels like to have a husband.  I know this is probably silly, but I feel like it will feel different to see my husband after work.  I feel like cooking supper for my husband will feel different than cooking supper for my boyfriend.  I feel like he will look different, and we will both instantly mature.  Not that I want anything at all to change with our relationship because it is pretty perfect the way it is.  I just feel like inside it will feel different...more real...more adult.  I guess only time will tell.

For now I have plenty to do so I had better get hoping.  A lazy Sunday is a terrible thing to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment