Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sleepin' easy

God answers prayers.  What else can I say?  I could end this post with just that, but I'll elaborate.

Today has been wonderful and exhausting.  I got a ton of things accomplished...one of those things being shopping for clothes to wear on the cruise.  I haven't been shopping in ages...it just doesn't thrill me (plus I'm cheap and I hate to spend money)...but today it was great fun and very uplifting!

We received some wonderful news today.  My Mimi got a great report back from the doctor today, and that made the day perfect all in itself.  This is something we have all prayed and prayed about.  Her strength and faith persevered as God shined through.  She is the strongest Christian woman I know and leads her life and her family in a way that I hope to one day be able to lead mine.  God blessed us all today with her excellent report!

But God didn't stop there.  He also sent us a perfect place for the rehearsal dinner.  It was Josh's idea to drive up to the middle of the fire station as their meeting was getting out last night.  We were sweaty from working out and looking rough.  I was game to go until I saw a familiar face...I tried to back out, but it was too late.  So we stopped and talked, networked a little, and asked around about places for a rehearsal dinner (and I may have squeezed in my most pitiful and desperate looking eyes)...he gave us a name and a number.  We got a call back today, went to see it this afternoon, put down a deposit, and it's ours!!  We have a place!  Not just any place, the PERFECT place!  I feel like a weight has been lifted.  Of course we had a back up plan...Josh's house...but the stress of getting it ready for that was almost too much for me to handle.  This is truly a blessing!

Josh and I have been working feverishly on his house.  I want it to be perfect when everyone comes to town.  I know it is a long drive for a lot of people, and I want them all to be able to get the full experience while they are all here and see everything including the house that we have been working so hard on!  Today we cleaned out the fish pond.  It felt good to be outside on such a gorgeous day.

All in all it has been a great day...much improved from the stresses of yesterday.  Everything always works itself out.  Tomorrow it's back to work, and tonight I'll sleep a lot easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment