Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Belated Birthday-Take One

Dads.  What would we do without them?  I can't imagine my life without my daddy.

This past year I tried to start a new tradition with blogging.  Every time a person close to me would have a birthday, I attempted to make a tribute blog post in honor of them.  Apparently I let a few slip through the cracks (I realized this as I was going back and re-reading my blog).  Good excuses abound for the three to four I missed, but that is beside the point.  So let's take a trip back in time and pretend as if we are in the end of November...Thanksgiving time or better known as Dad's Birthday! (I am working to catch up on my other birthday honor blogs that got skipped as well...one at a time though!)
Just for the record this blog got missed because I killed my first deer the day after Dad's birthday and was still running off of adrenaline when I blogged that entry.  If you want to relive it with me just click here!

Back to Dad...What would I do without this man...


He has always been there for me, lead me down the right road, and attempted to guide my financial decisions (although I must say I didn't always listen to some of those conversations).  He bought me my first car, and then my second car when I blew that one up, and then my third car when Josh wrecked that one, and then my fourth car when I wrecked that one.  Ok ok I know that's a little extreme, but hey it happened...maybe it was my fault that I didn't change the oil in my first car and the engine blew up, but I learned a very valuable lesson that day.  The lesson probably came in a little more clearly when my car that followed the big blow up I caused was an extreme demotion from my first ride.  LESSON LEARNED, Dad!  I will check my oil and check it often!


The lover of crawfish and all things Cajun, my dad is always looking for an excuse to make the trip south to come pass a good time in the boot with us!  And likewise we are always looking for an excuse to make the trip north to him!  The man can COOK.  That and the fact that he and Josh are almost joined at the hip.  "Padnas" as they call each other.  I feel so blessed to have my daddy and my husband to be such good friends!

A trip down memory lane, and oh look how things have changed!
From soaking up the sun on the beach...

To a father of two celebrating a big day...

To now having three (plus a son-in-law making four) and celebrating every event that we can possibly think to celebrate...hey any excuse for cake you know...


Guidance, friendship, and sometimes just an ear to listen or a person to bounce ideas off of...whatever it is I don't know what I would do without my daddy there by my side.

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father"

No comments:

Post a Comment