Monday, February 6, 2012

Life these days

I resolved this new year to be a better blogger. One month in and I'm not succeeding. I promise to try harder from here on out!

The skinny on what's been keeping me away? This guy...

No really he's not to blame, and I don't have any excuses. Nope, no excuses. Other than the fact that I am happier than ever! I have been enjoying life so much and counting my blessings that I haven't had time to stop!

My new job has blessed me with a work schedule that is so wonderful it still seems unreal! Getting off at 3 o'clock every day still amazes me. It has turned me into a better wife and a happier person. I feel like I can get things accomplished every afternoon after work, and I get to see and spend time with my amazing husband. I feel blessed beyond words to have found this change of pace that my life needed. There are still some unknowns in the job realm, but I am doing my best to put it all in God's hands. He got me this far, I know I just have to trust Him to lead me the rest of the way!

I have been blessed, more importantly, with an absolutely amazing (and yes I know I have used that adjective to describe him already but sometimes there is just no other way to say it) husband. In the almost year we have been married we have grown closer together than I ever thought possible. I thought we would never be more in love than we were on our wedding day, but it's 11 months later and our bond has grown and strengthened in ways I never thought possible. Mushy and make you sick to your stomach I know because I hate to hear people talk like that, but really just to sit back and look at God's work almost brings me to tears.

We have been working hard around our house too! Pictures are coming soon, but someone in our subdivision's husband just built them a brand new cedar fence and I'm pretty sure it was mine!

Other exciting news around our household...dates have been set and come August I will have gained a new sister!  It will be an eventful year as Jef and Eighmey prepare for their nuptials.  I cannot wait to watch it all unfold!


So with that I guess it's off to bed.  The work day comes early, but we wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait either! I am beyond excited! It is honestly hard to believe that people get married all the time, because I feel like the only person in the world lucky enough to have found someone to actually want to spend my life with!

    ReplyDelete