Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet child of mine

Well it's official...we're EXPECTING!!!

We are unbelievably excited and thankful!!  While this may not be the exact time that we had planned on extending our family, we realize that God has bigger and better plans for us and His timing is always perfect.  We understand that things will probably get pretty tough for us with us both in school full time, working full-time, and a newborn in our house...but we also understand and appreciate how great and wonderful this blessing is that we have been given, and we wouldn't change it for anything in the world!  The going may get tough for awhile...but the THREE of us will get through it all..with lots and lots of help from our family and friends of course!!

So, my sweet baby, in seven short months you will be here, and I can promise you that it will be the best day of our lives.  We are already dreaming about that day...planning it out in our heads...visualizing our future with you as we watch you grow.  (If we are being perfectly honest here I really do dream about you most every night...and I promise you that when really do get here I will know how to feed you and I won't feed you jello on your second day home like I do in my dreams!!)

I want you to have more than I ever did.  I want to afford you every possible opportunity in life.  Sometimes there is a fine line that has to be tread tenderly in giving you the very best in life and keeping you grounded and appreciative at the same time.  We are going to try to tread it.  I want to teach you to love life, to love yourself, and to love everyone and everything around you.  My hope for you is that you are successful and happy and find your greatest joys to be in your family.  I want you to grow up to be so accepting and understanding of everyone and their faults because we all have faults.  I want to teach you to not be judgemental of others and to know that everybody was dealt a different hand in life...nobody is perfect, nobody's life is perfect.  I want you to know that already your daddy and I love you more than anything in this world.  Already we talk about you, plan for you, and dream for you.  I want you to know that our lives will change dramatically the day you come into it, but that is something that we wouldn't change for anything in the world.

We can't wait until you get here, Baby D.  Boy or girl...we cannot wait to meet you!  We haven't even gotten to see you or hear you through the ultrasound yet, and I can promise you it's killing us!  (My doctor doesn't do that until you have been growing for 12 weeks.)  In a couple weeks, though, we will be able to get our first glimpse at you.  We cannot wait.  Everything about you excites us.  While I am still a little nervous, I know once you finally arrive everything will be ok.  We will work it all out and everything will fall into place.  For now, our sweet little love, you don't worry about a thing.  You just grow and develop and try to become as healthy and strong as you can.

In seven short months we will get to meet you, but for now sweet dreams our sweet baby!  We love you with all our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment