Monday, February 18, 2013

Life these days

So much has been going on since the last time I blogged!! Time to do things (like blog) is scarce now...tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off I will probably regret staying up to write this instead of stealing a few extras winks, but sometimes I guess you just have to live a little!

Life these days...busy, non-stop, chaotic, but great and wonderful at the same time!

Baby D is growing nicely!  We finally got to see him/her about three weeks ago.  It was the most amazing thing ever.  He or she is really in there...bouncing and flipping all around...the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!  We actually got to see him/her again today as well!  Today we went to an ultrasound tech's shop for an early gender ultrasound...sorry the big reveal is Friday!  Needless to  say, we cannot wait!  Heart rate was 150 three weeks ago and about 145 today.  The baby looks great, and that's all that matters to us!!

Pregnancy has been fabulous to me so far!  Now that I am safely in my second trimester, even the tiredness is starting to slowly wane away.  The sickness has stayed at bay since that first week or two, and everything has been going smoothly.  My husband may tell you to beware of my mood swings, but I can assure you that I would never have anything of the sort! ;)  Cravings come and go.  For a couple of weeks I became almost vegetarian, then all I could stomach was Wing Stop, Icees were a big hit for awhile, now I will eat almost anything and everything that you put in front of me...sadly!

We are having a great time planning and dreaming for our baby.  We can picture him or her.  We try to envision different sports teams or dance recitals we may be attending.  We are having a blast just picturing our "down the road".

Life at home is a little on the hectic side.  Josh is doing amazing in school.  He is excelling in every course; although, for some reason he hates his computer course with a passion.  We study together a lot of nights, and we take turns calling out questions to each other.  I sometimes get a little frustrated with the quizzing process.  He, on the other hand, has nothing but patience as he is quizzing me on cardiac drugs and having to give me more hints than I am willing to admit.  He is a wonderful study partner and encourager. (And I need to remember this for when our child enters school and needs someone to help with homework...Josh will be much better at that than me!)

My school is very demanding..which I expected.  It took me a couple weeks to really figure out how to manage my work schedule and home schedule and incorporate quality study time in there, but now I think I may have it down pat (knock on wood).

All-in-all it is going great!  We are trying to jump a couple hurdles around the house.  The bathroom needs a lot of attention...like a major renovation.  Josh, his daddy, and Kevin are starting to think in that direction.  I am directing all my spare time (ha! SPARE time??) to cleaning out the nursery.  This is no easy task!  We will get it all!  Thankfully we have another 5-6 months.  And when typed out, that seems way sooner than I thought!

Life in the Dugas household is going great!  It is crazy.  We are busy and exhausted most days, but in the end it will all be worth it.  Josh has the backyard looking so amazing...we love to spend all of our (non-existent) free time back there!  I am so proud of him for everything he is doing going back to school and doing so amazingly well at school.  He continues to encourage me through all my school processes and pumps me back up on those days when I feel overly hormonal and stressed.  He is definitely the rock of this family.  An amazing man and a soon-to-be wonderful Daddy...Baby D is a very lucky Baby already...and I am a lucky wife and mommy-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment