Monday, February 28, 2011

Great advice

I do not have time to be blogging right now.  Things are so crazy busy.  Like seriously I am freaking out.  I think I just prided myself in my last post for not stressing over all this wedding stuff.  Well, today that went out the window.  I am in the middle of trying to finish painting a spare bedroom before the wedding festivities begin.  This morning, as I was painting, I realized that I am getting married in twenty days...TWENTY DAYS!  The stress really kicked in then.  I think more than anything I am stressing over the fact that the rehearsal dinner will be at Josh's house.  That means that the walls have to be finished being painted, floor has to be laid where we have already ripped out carpet, the yard needs to be cleaned, the fish pond is disgusting...so many things to do!

I was having a complete freak out moment when my friend, the one and only Baker-Smith, brought me back down.  I knew I needed her calming, level headed advice...that's why I texted her in a tizzy!  I think she could feel my tension.  She talked to me for awhile about not stressing, that everything would work out, that I had friends and family to help me.  She offered to put together my guest book which is going to be more amazing than I could have ever imagined.  She is truly a lifesaver.

So after she put me all back together and I was feeling more at peace, she sent me this text...
"I'm doing my marriage counseling book on my lunch break (she's becoming a Mrs. on Josh's b'day).  A friend suggested in the last month before the wedding to write down daily thoughts.  I know you are busy and everything, but I am going to try to send you at least a thought or a question a day.  Take about five minutes to just think about it.  Today's is 'list ten reasons why you want to marry your partner'.  Type them up and keep each one.  It's just something to look back on or share with Josh when it's all finished and you're settled in."

Great advice right?  Well here goes...

Ten reasons I want to marry Josh:

1. He's my best friend.  I feel like I can tell him anything.  He is the first one I call when something great happens, and he is the first person I look to when my day has been really bad.  He's my rock.

2. He gets me.  You can't date someone for seven years and not know almost everything about one another.  He knows all my dirty secrets, yet he loves me just the same.

3. He makes me feel safe.  I know that he will protect me no matter what.

4. He would do anything for family.  Josh's life hasn't always been pretty, but no matter what has happened or will happen he is always there for his family.

5. He sacrificed his wants and needs to be sure that I had everything I needed to get through school.  Of course I had family support too, but Josh did a lot behind the scenes and gave up a lot for me.

6. He wants to go back to school just so he can better himself.  He makes me so proud every day.  He just wants to be the best man he can be.

7. I know he is going to be a great father.  Having kids is a big part of a marriage, and it is something that Josh and I have discussed extensively.  I know he is going to be a great dad, and that means a lot to me.  I want my kids to look up to their dad the same way as I look up to mine.

8. He encourages me.  Josh believes in me more than I believe in myself.  He knows I can do things that oftentimes I doubt.  He always keeps me wanting to achieve more.

9. He is just great at everything.  Josh is crazy funny and an awesome dancer.  Even though I absolutely cannot dance, Josh is great at it and sometimes drops in down in Walmart just because he can (and because it embarrasses me)!  Everybody he meets loves him instantly, and he is amazing at every new skill or trade he tries.  He always encourages me not to live so uptight, and to tap into my fun side.

10. I can't imagine my life any other way.  I get sad when he leaves me, and when the thought crosses my mind of him being gone forever I just can't stand it.  He is my everything.  He makes my world go round.  I think about him all day, and everything I do is driven to better our lives together.  We work hard for one another.  I love him more than I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment