Monday, February 14, 2011

The Beginning of a New Era

I don't typically fall prey to pitfalls of "hype".  I chalk internet blogging up to hype.  For the most part, I have looked at bloggers as people who portray fabricated emotions for the purposes of entertaining (with the exception of a rare few including a beef cake, talula, and a supermom of 3 :)).  Recent developments, however, have lead me to cast doubt on my prior theories.  Maybe I was wrong I spoke too prematurely.  And you know what?  Had I never gone with the hype I would have missed out on some of the finer things in life (i.e. Uggs, my laptop, my iPhone (gasp), the list could go on and on).  Long story short, sometimes it is not a bad thing to go with the crowd.

2011 has proven to be an exciting year for me already.  In this past month and a half I have started a new job, passed a big test, and acquired some new initials...RN!  Even more exciting, more new initials are just over the horizon for me.  ACD.  I cannot wait!  The soon to be Mrs.  And while we have our ups and downs, and we fight as everyone else does...I feel like we have something special.  Josh and I have stood the test of time.  Seven years down and we are closer than ever.  He is my rock, he makes me a better person, he is my secret keeper, he is my encourager, he is the first person I call when my day is going really good or when my day is going really bad, he is honestly my best friend.  It is an amazing story.  Feel free to read all about it here.

With 2011 has also come sadness.  The loss of  a great man.  Paps was everyone's grandfather and everyone's role model.  He was an inspiration on how a Godly person should live.  I lost both of my grandfathers years ago...I miss them dearly every day.  Paps was a dear friend's grandfather who took us all in and welcomed us as his own.  To Josh, he was HIS grandfather.  He is still taking the loss hard.  As we rolled back into Mississippi in the early morning hours of that Monday morning with great sadness on our hearts, we were comforted by the outstretched arms of our high school friends who have now become as close (if not closer) than family.

But the final news of 2011...so far at least...is brand new BABY LYON who will be here in October!  I cannot wait to be Aunt Claire (a play on words of sort since Anne Claire apparently sounds so much like Aunt Claire every time I introduce myself to someone), and I am already trying to hold myself back from buying the whole mall out as well as every baby boutique I pass.  Mama and Daddy Lyon are going to be such awesome parents.  I can't wait as we all begin this next step in our lives!

So for now, that is it from me.  I decided to just dabble in the blogging world if only to clear my mind and get things off my chest.  We will see what it turns in to.  But whatever it, I am sure it will be an exciting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment