Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bridal Joy

My world now is probably in the most craziest state it has ever been in.  I have been through a lot of crazy times.  I would have sworn that middle of nursing school with major tests, assignments, clinicals, plus work was the craziest life could get.  It's funny because I honestly thought that once I got out of school, passed my boards, and started working that life would slow down and normalize a little for me.  Sadly, I was wrong!  I think the majority of this has to do with the upcoming nuptiuals in the very near future!

Kay Kay came to town today.  Kay Kay is such a great help through all things in life...what would I do without her?  Today she made a six hour stop that turned out to be so productive.  We had our final meeting with the caterer...finalized the menu...talked decorations.  We had our final meeting with the florist...picked colors...sorted out last minute details.  We even went so far as to purchase a rehearsal dinner outfit and an outfit to wear on the honeymoon cruise.  She cleaned some scrub tops for me, did some quick decorating, and then hit the road!

My head is spinning with everything wedding related and Josh's school related that needs to be done tomorrow.  Plus there are those things that I really want to do like work on my wedding scrapbook all day.  And there are those things that I really need to do but don't have the time or energy to do like paint the guest bedroom.  Is this what life as a grown up feels like?  Go, go, go until it's time for my head to hit the pillow at night?  My poor dogs miss me, and I miss them.  How could I not...just look at this face!
This one misses me too, but this is Josh's dog so we have a slightly different relationship even though I do love him dearly.  (He is just big and he sheds...not his fault though I don't guess!)
I even think Josh misses me; although, he will probably never admit to it.  I sure do miss him a whole lot too!  I see him every day, but it just seems like everything is so rushed these days!
Ahh well.  Such is life I suppose!  And if it weren't crazy busy I wouldn't be happy.  I seem to get more accomplished through all the stress.

But no matter how busy everything is right now, I had to make time a couple days ago to put everything down and just go "home".  I went back to my old work office...back to my roots.  It was like a breath of fresh air.  I brought a carton of ice cream and intended to go for a quick drop by.  Three hours later I was still sitting around talking.  It felt so good.  I didn't realize how much I missed everyone and how badly I needed everyone until I went by and spent some quality time with them.  I needed my second family.  They have made such an impact on my life.  Even though I have a new job now, I still need them as a support system, as my reference point, as my friends.  I take comfort in knowing that they will always be there for me.

As the hours get later, I guess it's time for to catch up on my 'Housewife' drama and trash I have on the DVR.  Tomorrow is another day filled with more wedding planning and chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment