Saturday, February 26, 2011

Let's get real

The reason I have been so anti-blogs is because I don't think they reflect real emotions.  I feel like real emotions are touched on, but then glammed up by flowery words and pretty pictures in order to reach an audience.  So let's get real...

I am going to be a married lady three weeks from today.  THREE WEEKS!  That's crazy!  A day that I have been planning for the past year and a half.  I have been on top of everything.  I read all of the books, and did everything right on time.  No room for mistakes.  Yet despite my superior planning things have still managed to unravel.  Josh and I got word last week that our venue for the rehearsal dinner was unavailable.  The rehearsal dinner has been the highlight of our wedding planning.  It has been the one thing we have really looked forward to because we went out of our way to plan a laid back and relaxing night.  We wanted it low key, we wanted it comfortable.  We couldn't wait for it to get here.  Now, we are unsure about where we will have it.

We have been looking around.  Not surprisingly, every place we have tried is already booked up.  I am trying to keep it all under control.  In a way, I am really not stressed about it.  If you knew me you would know that is so not me because I stress about everything.  I am trying to take a new lease on life starting with this wedding.  I want to live more laid back.  In the end, everything always works out anyway, so why should I stress over it?  As calm about it all as I portray myself to be and as I really credit myself as being, I can still feel the stress of it all weighing me down.  It's weird.  I don't think about it a lot, but at the same time it is always on the back of my mind.

Even though this isn't the best situation, a lot of good has come from it.  We have had four people extend their homes to us for a place to have the rehearsal dinner.  No family ties, just friends.  One of my friends went so far as to offer their house while they were out of town.  They offered to clean out their patio, set up tables, and pop up a big white tent.  One of Josh's friends offered almost the same thing expect he would be there and also extended his help in the kitchen.  God truly has blessed us with great friends.  That is a major offer, and one that we are eternally grateful for.

We still have one venue prospect up in the air.  If it falls through we have decided to have the rehearsal dinner at the house.  Sure it will be more crowded that we had hoped, but at the end of the day it will still be nice.

I don't exactly know what's going to work out with all of this.  I am sure we are far from done fighting this battle.  Every day I tell myself that I wish we would have eloped and taken that great advice we were given the day we got in engaged, but then where would the fun be?  All of this stress and worry will eventually turn into entertaining stories one day...in fact it already is very entertaining for former co-workers.

So for now, I am trying to roll with the punches.  And while that is not naturally my style, I think I may be semi getting the hang of it.  We will see how my nerves stand in three weeks.  Until then it's wedding preparation galore....and I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment